As requested by some of my readers to make a post on some tips to catch 8 hours of sleep and wake up at 6 AM super motivated because they simply cannot wake up at 4:30 AM given that less than 8 hours of sleep is not enough for them, I have obliged and prepared this post specifically for them.
If you are anything like me then going to bed early is not your thing. The midnight seems to be the magical moment where the entire universe come together in harmony; peace and tranquility rule. This breeds creative thinking; and for a writer, a deep thinker, a problem solver, an achiever, a creative hub, the “never-enough type”, “I need-more type”, “I know I can do more type” you just want to seize the opportunity and delve into doing your thing. But as with every other thing in life, there is always a repercussion when we choose to defy nature; a bad night sleep means a bad day occasioned with poor decision-making. Therefore, the importance of getting a good night sleep cannot be overemphasized, God created it to help us refresh and regain all the energy dispensed during the day.
Four days ago, I was brainstorming on a new blog I wanted to start precisely in the oil and gas industry. It started off at about 7 PM and I could not go to bed until 5:30 AM yet I could not arrive at a decision but I had valuable insights to help my quest. This was not the first time this had happened and so I have some experience as to why we often suffer from insomnia. I continued the brainstorming the next day after the day’s work but this time, I approached it differently. I achieved the desired results and went to bed early (11 PM) and was up at 4:30 AM; of course, the insights from the previous night was helpful.
In the 5 tips to wake up @ 4:30 AM published recent, I highlighted 5 hints that get me out of bed @ 4:30 AM. similarly, I have come up with 10 easy tips to help you catch 8 hours of sleep and wake up at 6 AM, super-motivated and ready to kick the day in the butt and achieve high productivity.
Here are the tips…
- Leave office work in the office/homework on the reading table: For most people, the temptation to continue the work at home to meet up deadline is irresistible, I have been guilty of this as well; oh, that homework or presentation is due tomorrow so I need to finish it tonight.Question: why leave the homework or projects till the last-minute?
Note: we must balance work and life to be happy and productive.
Tip: Eliminate the things that waste your time and start projects/homework way early before the deadline approaches. Try your best to do as much work as you can and leave the rest for the next day.
2. Eat dinner at least 3 hours before bed: Night time meals should be early and lighter than breakfast and lunch. You will struggle to sleep well if your body is busy breaking down the food you just ate.
3. Briefly read your favorite relaxation novel to help you relax your mind: This is helpful because when you’re trying to sleep you don’t need your brain stimulated but relaxed.
4. Play bedtime instrumentals: if you are not a fan of reading novels then I have another awesome tip for you. Play your favorite bedtime instrumentals or music, if you opt for music, avoid tracks that stimulate you or push you to want to dance 😊 instead of slowly taking you to the wonderland of unconscious beauty.
5. Put away all gadgets: personally, what keeps me from sleeping are my gadgets–mobile phone and laptop. The temptation to respond to that beep on messenger, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, LinkedIn, Youtube, WhatsApp, and Facebook is so irresistible. To resist this and stick to my routine, I just put all of them away.
6. Turn off the lights: some people like to sleep with the lights on but not me, somehow it pierces through my closed eyes and feels like being outside, I just experience inner brightness that sparks my imaginative powers which does not help to relax my mind.
7. Early to bed early to rise. Set your alarm for 5:50 AM and go to bed at 10 PM. More about the proverb “EARLY TO BED EARLY TO RISE” here.
8. Keep your alarm clock far from your reach: this is helpful because you may be tempted to stretch out your hand and hit the snooze button😊.
9. Wake up and stretch when the alarm goes off: this is the first thing I do because it helps awaken my body. For more on the importance of stretching in the morning click here.
10. Get out of bed and stimulate yourself. Play your favorite song, or motivational clip or whatever it is that gets you excited.
That is it…thank you for reading. If you find this article helpful or you think there is someone out there who might benefit from it please share and don’t forget to leave your personal bedtime routines, and suggestions in the comment section below.