To be productive, we must utilize the time we have and use it judiciously.
This also means a commitment to excellence which does not come by chance but by tactful planning and maximum effort.
I have compressed my wake-up routine into 5 steps to share with you and hopefully it buoys you to rise early and enjoy productive days ahead.
- “EARLY TO BED, EARLY TO RISE.” Go to bed early, 10 PM.
- Set your alarm clock for 4:20 A.M: use the residual 10 minutes to allow your body to become more aware of external stimuli.
- Keep your alarm clock far from your reach: this is helpful because you may be tempted to stretch out your hand and hit the snooze button😊.
- Wake up and stretch when the alarm goes off: this is the first thing I do because it helps awaken my body.
- Get out of bed and stimulate yourself. Play your favorite song, or motivational clip or whatever it is that gets you excited. For me I pray and read the Bible, I love soccer and I am a Manchester United fan, so in the morning I like to read sport news specifically soccer especially if we beat Manchester City, Liverpool FC, or Chelsea😊, and watch a motivational clip as well, then I write.
What are some of the things you do to wake up early? Please feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section.